Vienna Woods & Seegrotte Hinterbrühl
This is a perfect extension to your city trip to Vienna.
First stop on our excursion is Heiligenkreuz Abbey, which was founded as early as 1133 and is still a monastery today. During a guided tour we will show you the medieval cloister and the burial place of the Babenbergs. This dynasty is the oldest ruling dynasty in Austria and shaped the history of the country for centuries.
Afterwards, the tour continues by bus to the Hinterbrühl lake grotto. For more than 80 years, this lake grotto has offered its visitors a unique spectacle during the day. The highlight of this tour is the boat trip on the largest underground lake in Europe. But beware: In the lake grotto, temperatures are around 9°C all year round, so it's time to dress warmly!
- Bus tour through the picturesque Vienna Woods
- Guided tour of Heiligenkreuz Abbey
- Visit of the lake grotto Hinterbrühl
- Boat trip on Europe's largest underground lake
- Bus tour in modern coach
- Admission to Heiligenkreuz Abbey
- Admission to Hinterbrühl Lake Grotto
- Food and drinks
German, English, Spanish
- 01 APR 2023 – 05 NOV 2023
- 08:15 AM
Metro:U1, U2, U4: Karlsplatz
Tram:1, 2, 71, D: Kärntnerring/Oper
Bus: 2A, 4A, 59A: Karlsplatz/Oper